Monday, July 14, 2008

Olsen's First Day of Pre-School

This morning I dropped Olsen off for his first day of preschool.  He was cheery and appeared to be looking forward to it.  Once we got there, we put all of his stuff in his cubby and he put his lunch box up with everyone else's on the cart.  I stuck around for a few minutes before I asked one of the teachers how they handled teary goodbyes.  She assured me they do it every morning.  

She had me walk with Olsen to their little half door and then I walked around back to the stairs to say goodbye.  Olsen proceeded to cry and scream and even threw in a few pleas for me to come back.  It was a good thing I dropped him off for his first day, because as tough as it was for me to leave him, if it had been Marta then I'm sure she would've been sobbing as she went down the stairs.  

I called her a little after noon to see how it was when she picked him up and apparently they were watching a little video during quiet time.  Olsen simply looked up at her and said "Hi Mama," and then went back to his video.

With as cool a greeting as that, I'm guessing his next day won't have such a dramatic farewell.











2 comments:

Degns Of Our Lives said...

What a cute little building. You're a brave Daddy!

Anonymous said...

I agree what a cute preschool!! You go Daddy Harris and maybe in two weeks Marta can drop him off.
Love you all.
Amalie