Saturday, August 16, 2008

busy busy busy

I have been quite the gardner these last week. I decided that our front yard need a total revamp. I tore out 4 of the 5 bougainvilleas bushes and almost all the plants by the front door (all by myself, thank you very much).

Here is a before of by the front door.  It is kind of old, but it is about the same.

And here is after.  I planted red ginger, spider lilly, lollypop, gardenia and a few other things.  I think it will look better in about 6 months after it fills out a bit.
Here is a before of were all the bougainvillea bushes.  I absolutely hated them.
I planted groton trees and some wide green leaf plants (can't remember the name) by the drive way.  
I still have a few more things to plant, but I am loving my front yard now.  Of course it will look better in two years when all the trees and plants grow up a bit.  

2 comments:

Degns Of Our Lives said...

Your yard looks great!

Anonymous said...

Wow Marta I love it. It has an actual flow and placement now. Great job, your labors I think have already bear fruit. I can totally understand the time that you put in hows your back?

Love ya
Am