Friday, February 19, 2010

Byron's new project

Byron has been working hard this last month and a half. He made a window box, table and shelves for our master bedroom. I LOVE it. Can't wait for it to be completely finished. Here are pictures of his progress. I was surprised how fast he did it. I guess I was use to how long it took for the deck, so this flew by.

January 16th.
Alexandria was really helpful in finding all the loose screws around.
January 25th
January 29th
February 13th The two selfs are up and now we need to put the middle one up.
So the shelves weigh a million pounds and I had to help carry them in. The middle we had to lift over our heads and screw it in place. Well, I'm no She-Ra (thou I did try) and so Byron set up a pulley system to help lift it. Found out is was a HAIR too big and had to take it back down so Byron good trim it a bit.
Pulley system.
February 15th
I was over trying to hold up the shelf and called in Byron's brother to help. Here is the almost finished project. Now we just need to paint it........
Oh, and I have a very cute baby!!


6 comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

oh my goodness! so crafty a guy! i rely on ikea :) love it...makes it feel all warm and cozy!

Heather said...

It looks fantastic! And yes, you have a yummy baby.

Anonymous said...

love the shelves and baby is sooooo cute!!!!!

Degns Of Our Lives said...

good job, byron! and yes...all your babies are beautiful!!!

Tricia said...

OK ...Byron is amazing!! What a crafty guy!!! He's a keeper girl...LOL!

Tonni said...

Those shelves look awesome!...and of course the baby is darling too! =)