Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kauai with Monica

Noon on Friday I left my husband and kids and headed over to Kauai for a fun weekend with Monica and her friend Michelle. It was the first time I ever left my husband and kids, but somehow I managed. :) It was fun to get away before baby is born.  

Michelle, Monica and me checking out a beautiful waterfall.
The two sisters
Another waterfall we checked out.
Hot-tubbing at night.  That was fun.
On our way to the beach.  This is beautiful scenic spot on the side of the road.
Showing of my pedicure.
At the beach.  I don't remember the last time I was able to relax and read a book at the beach.  Normally I'm making sure no children are drowning.
Taro fields.
The most northern tip of Hawaii.  There is a light house.  It closes at 4:00 and we got there at 4:30, just missed walking around it.
Sorry it's sideways.  This camera doesn't automatically rotate it, so you get it sideways.....

3 comments:

Mama Pula said...

Awww marta, I'm so glad that you had some time for yourself to get away!!! As mothers we need that...no matter where it is we need to go huh? It looks like you really enjoyed yourself! and you needed that! Yippee!

Degns Of Our Lives said...

Sounds wonderful! You're blog is always beautiful. I'm completely jealous of your trip away to just be Marta! How rejuvenating it must have been!

Adrianne said...

If only we all had such a great location a hop and a skip from home!! When is Monica going to start a blog so I can keep up with her life as well??